Sunday, August 2, 2015

Not By Sight by Kate Breslin

After I read Kate Breslin's debut novel, For Such a Time (read my review here.), I knew she was a voice I wanted to read again and again. Her newest novel, Not By Sight, is another delightful read that I found hard to put down. If you haven't read either of Ms. Breslin's work you are truly missing out.
The characters in Not By Sight captivated me from the first few pages and carried me along in their story until the very last page. I was there in England during WWI. I felt what Grace Mabry felt and wanted to help her help her country and ultimately her brother. I gasped when I saw the Tin Man's mask. I could go on and on but what I am saying here is that Ms. Breslin captures the feeling of the period. She takes simple words and turns them into a beautiful masterpiece that any artist would be proud of and might even envy. 
I enjoyed watching as Grace Mabry matured into a compassionate woman. One who finally understands the ugliness of war, I loved watching Grace and Jack's story unfold. The descriptions of the settings took my breath away and made me want to go back to that time so I could envision all that the story depicted. 

There is so much that I could say about this book, but I do not give out spoilers and so therefore all I will say is if you enjoy reading historical fiction this book is a must. You will find espionage and treason, the love of country, the love and faith in God, grace and love and hope. I can also say, it is a book that should hold your attention so strongly that you might want to set aside some time to ingest the story otherwise you might find yourself reading long into the night.

I would highly recommend Not By Sight to anyone who loves a good read. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

On a 5-Star scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Ms. Breslin and Bethany House Publishers for my copy of Not By Sight. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment