Saturday, August 15, 2015

A Heart's Home by Colleen Coble

For those of you who follow my blog, then you know I have been reading books in Colleen Coble's six book series, "Journey of the Heart". These short books are a reprint of Ms. Cobles' first two novels, Where Leads the Heart and Plains of Promise. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this series but alas I have reached the end. The final book in the series, A Heart's Home, is the sixth and final book in the series.

In this book, we continue to follow the story of Emmie Croftner and Lieutenant Isaac Liddle at Fort Phil Kearny in the Wyoming Territory. When things look bleak for the two, things tend to get even worse. 

This book touched my heart more than any of the other's. I was saddened at one point and happy during another. I love it when a story can stir up my emotions.

One thing I have always enjoyed about Ms. Coble's writing is her believable character's. In this series, there was actually one character I would have loved to see a little more of and that person showed up in the fifth book, A Heart's Promise. Her name was Maggie O'Donnell, a laundress, who was no more than 16 years old and had been raising her two year old sister since she was just six days old. This character captured my heart and I had hoped to see more of her in A Heart's Home but she didn't appear.

I would highly recommend the "Journey of the Heart" series to anyone who enjoys reading clean historical novels set during the settling of the old west.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 Stars

I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity and Thomas Nelson for my copy of A Heart's Home. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment