Saturday, June 20, 2015

Desperate Measures by Sandra Orchard


The third and final book in Sandra Orchard's "Port Aster Secrets" series, is Desperate Measures. The first book in the series is Deadly Devotions (read my review here) and the second book in the series is Blind Trust (read my review here). This is definitely a series that you need to read in sequence. 

The entire series is based around a 'miracle plant' that people are turning up dead over. From book one through book three the reader is pulled into a web of deception and secrets. Ms. Orchard has a talent of taking the reader on a journey of twists and turns allowing them to encounter surprises along the way.

Once again we meet Researcher Kate Adams who is trying to find her father, who she hasn't seen in twenty years, and find out more about the 'miracle plant' amendoso. But there are people who want the plant for themselves and they will do anything to get it. Even kill.

The romance aspect of this book is between Kate Adams and Detective Tom Parker. Throughout the first two books it's been touch and go and now that we find ourselves with the final offering in the series the question is, will Ms. Orchard allow their relationship to move forward or will they part as good friends?

As sad as it is that this is the last book in the series, Ms. Orchard tied the story lines up quite nicely. I would highly recommend this book (and this series) to anyone who enjoys a good clean suspense novel.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 Big Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, for my copy of Desperate Measures. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment