Saturday, June 13, 2015

Fatal Trauma by Richard L. Mabry, M.D.

I have quickly learned that when I pick up a book with Dr. Richard Mabry's name on the cover, I'm going to be in for a fast-paced, edge-of-your-seat, can't put it down read. His newest book, Fatal Trauma, in my humble opinion, is his best.

Fatal Trauma begins when a gunman enters the ER  holding Nurse Kelly Atkinson at gunpoint as she pushes the gunman's brother into the ER in a wheelchair. The first thing Dr. Mark Baker thinks about is how to escape the area without being drawn into the situation. Unfortunately, the gunman notices Mark and asks if he is the doctor. This begins one of the most heart pounding book beginnings that I have read in a long time.  

The gunman is part of the Zeta drug cartel and by the end of the evening two of the cartel's members are dead and revenge is just around the corner. When the drug cartel begins their reign of retaliation, people are stalked, murdered, malpractice lawsuits are threatened and the twists and turns takes the reader on a wild trip in this wonderful new medical drama.

I have read all of Dr. Mabry's novels and I find with each book his talent for the craft of writing has grown. His characters seem real enough to walk off the page and into your world. I found that in Fatal Trauma I was rooting for Dr. Mark Baker as he reminded me of a doctor I once worked with in the operating room. 

If you are a fan of medical suspense novels, then do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Fatal Trauma. I guarantee you that it will be well worth your time. With drug cartels, murders, stalking, false accusation, and a little romance it will keep you so entertained that you will lose track of time.

On a 5-Star scale -= 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity and Abingdon Press for my copy of Fatal Trauma. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment