Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Trouble With Patience by Maggie Brendan

When I learned Maggie Brendan had anew book coming out I was elated. It has been well over a year since her last book, but let me tell you, her newest book was well worth the wait.The Trouble With Patience is the first book in Ms. Brendan's newest series, "Virtues and Vices of the Old West". 

Patience Cavanaugh has inherited the Creekside Inn, a Bed & Breakfast, from her grandmother. It is located in Nevada City, a mining town in the Montana Territory. While Patience doesn't have much money she is determined to run the Bed & Breakfast and make her grandmother proud.

The hero of the story is Marshal Jedediah Jones. He has a reputation of being a hanging lawman. When he and Patience first meet the sparks fly and I began to wonder if these two characters were truly the hero and heroine. Would they survive each other or would they tear each other apart? But each character needs something that the other can give them so in time, well, let's just say, you'll have to read this wonderful book.

One thing I truly love about Ms. Brendan's books is the way she creates such wonderful, believable and memorable characters that take you by the hand and bring you into their journey.

I found The Trouble With Patience was an enjoyable read packed with historical detail. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading a good clean historical novel.

On a 5-Star Scale = 4 1/2 Stars!!!!

I would like to thank Revell Books for my review copy of The Trouble With Patience. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment