Saturday, February 28, 2015

Betting on Hope by Debra Clopton

Betting on Hope is the first book in Debra Clopton's new series "A Four of Hearts Ranch Romance". I have read a couple of Ms. Clopton's novellas in the past, but this is the first full length novel I have read by this wonderful author but it won't be the last.

The heroine, Maggie Hope, is an introverted advice columnist and city girl. When her friend, Amanda Jones, comes down with the flu, Maggie has to fill in for her in conducting an interview with champion horse trainer, Tru Monahan in his hometown of Wishing Springs, Texas. Maggie wasn't comfortable being in front of people as it brought back bad memories. But she does go to Wishing Springs to conduct the interview because if she doesn't she may lose her advice column.

Tru Monahan, is a handsome cowboy and a smooth talker. During the on-air interview, Maggie tries to convey that she would never be caught dead on a horse but Tru tells her he can teach anyone to ride. But then an on-air bet is extended and Tru is given two months to teach Maggie to overcome her fear of horses and to learn to ride. Will Maggie and Tru be able to work together? Will Tru be able to help Maggie through her fears? You'll find these questions answered within the pages of this wonderful book.

Wishing Springs is a small town packed full of colorful characters that have a tendency to poke their noses into other people's lives. I loved all the characters and look forward to getting to know some of them better in future books of the series.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would highly recommend Betting on Hope to anyone who loves a clean contemporary read.

I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity and Thomas Nelson Publishers for my copy of Betting on Hope. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment