Sunday, May 5, 2013

When a Secret Kills by Lynette Eason - my review

When a Secret Kills, book three of Lynette Eason's "Deadly Reunion" series was a fantastic read!  From the moment I opened the book I found myself on a fast paced journey that kept me guessing until the very end.

Ms. Eason creates phenomenal characters and then breathes life into them so they almost walk off the written page, grab hold of you and then invite you into their world.  I have yet to read a book by Ms. Eason that I haven't fallen in love with her characters.

When a Secret Kills is the story of investigative reporter, Jillian Carter and detective Colton Brady.  Jillian has been hiding out, ever since the night of her graduation party.  She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and witnessed a crime that catapulted her away from her home and loved ones sending her into hiding for ten long years.  She's tired of hiding and finally decides to come home and face the man she saw commit murder.  Coming home means leaving her nine year old daughter, Meg, behind in the custody of friends.  When she arrives home she comes face to face with her past and one true love, Colton Brady, Meg's father.  However, Colton isn't aware that Meg exists.

Jillian believes that Colton's uncle, Senator Frank Hoffman, killed the governor ten years ago and has been trying to kill her ever since.  Colton doesn't want to believe his uncle, who was more like a father to him, would do such a thing.  But as time goes on, Jillian has had one attempt after another on her life and Colton is starting to believe the validity of her accusations.  But did Jillian actually see what she thought she saw?  You'll only find the answer to that question by reading this wonderful book.

Each time I read one of Lynette Eason's books I become a bigger fan of her work.  She is truly a master storyteller when it comes to creating romantic suspense.  The Christian thread was subtle and masterfully woven through out the book.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Christian romantic suspense.

On a 5 Star Scale = 5 BIG Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Donna Hausler and Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my review copy.  I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

* Available May 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. *

Smiles & Blessings,




No comments:

Post a Comment