Monday, April 1, 2013

The Dance by Dan Walsh & Gary Smalley - a review

For those of you who frequent my blog by now you should know that I am a HUGE fan of everything Dan Walsh writes.  When the opportunity came to read his newest book, The Dance, I jumped at the chance.

The Dance is the first book in "The Restoration Series" by Dan Walsh and Gary Smalley.  It is the story of Marilyn and Jim Anderson, a couple that has been married for 27 years but Marilyn isn't happy.  She is tired of always being the perfect wife who does everything just as her husband demands.  She finds she just can't do it anymore and chooses to leave Jim.  I don't want to spoil the story by telling you anything more about the actual story line as it might ruin it for you.  Just know that the combination of Dan Walsh and Gary Smalley is magical.  Dan's prose and Gary's relationship expertise were woven into a wonderful cathartic book.  The more I read the more peace I felt within myself.

I started reading The Dance on a Friday night and my first thought was, 'I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy reading about a 27 year old marriage that is crumbling'.  The next day I sat in my office, curled up on my love seat and dove deeper into the book.  At first I thought maybe the authors would take us back in time, to a better time in the marriage, but it didn't happen.  I kept waiting for that special two-in-one story, that Dan Walsh is noted for, but it never happened.  What did happen was an unveiling of a beautiful love story.  A story of healing and forgiveness .  I found myself reaching for the Kleenex on more than one occasion, especially when their daughter got married.  I loved it!  I am anxiously awaiting The Promise, the second book in "The Restoration Series"

I would highly recommend The Dance for anyone who loves a good clean read.  It would also be a great book to pass on to anyone who might be experiencing troubles within their own relationships.  It has a powerful message even for those of us who are happily married.

On a 5-Star Scale = 4 1/2 stars.

I would like to thank Donna Hausler and Revell, a division of Baker Publishing for my copy of The Dance.  I received my copy for free in order to read and give my honest review which I have done.

** Available April 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.**


Smiles & Blessings,





1 comment:

  1. Thanks Cindy for the kind review. Glad you were able to get past the initial bumps and "dive in."

    ReplyDelete