Saturday, April 13, 2013

Four Paws from Heaven by M.R. Wells, Kris Young, and Connie Fleishauer - a review

As I am sure you can tell from the picture of our 'little boy' in the sidebar, I love dogs.  So when the opportunity to read and review Four Paws from Heaven came up, I couldn't resist.  After all, look at the precious puppy on the cover.  Adorable!

Four Paws from Heaven is a devotional for dog lovers written by M.R. Wells, Kris Young, and Connie Fleishauer. While I'm sure dog lovers will love it,  I believe even those people who don't particularly care one way or the other about dogs, will enjoy reading this devotional too.  I laughed and I cried as I read this precious book.  Of course it has helped me while I have been nursing our little dog back to health after major surgery a few weeks ago.

This book is contains five parts, "Heart to Heart", "Obedience Training", "Meal Choices", "To Heel or Not to Heel" and "Master Knows Best".  Within each part are chapters with short little 'stories' about an incident in the author's lives surrounding their dog.  After sharing the brief story they tie it into something we can all experience in our walk with God.  I really enjoyed the format of each chapter.  They begin with a short saying and they end with Scripture and thoughts to consider.

There are three authors of this devotional book and in the very front of the book they introduce you to their wonderful dogs that the stories are about.  Not only do they tell you about them but they include pictures as well.  By the time I arrived at the end of the book, I found myself feeling as if I knew these dogs personally.

While I read this book through, for the purpose of my review, it is really meant to use as a daily devotional.  So, I will be doing just that.

I would highly recommend Four Paws in Heaven to every dog lover and even those who aren't.  It's just that good.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Harvest House Publishers for my review copy.  I received my review copy for free in order to read it and give my honest opinion, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment