Friday, March 22, 2013

The Survivor by DiAnn Mills - a review

I was so excited when DiAnn Mills newest book, The Survivor arrived in my mailbox. It is the second book in the 'Crime Scene Houston' series.  You can read my review of the first book in the series, The Chase, here.

The one thing I know when I pick up a suspense book by Ms. Mills is I'm going to be in for an 'edge-of-the-seat.' journey through the pages.  Her stories are all character driven and The Survivor was no different.

For those of you who read The Chase  you'll be happy to know that Kariss Walker and Special Agent Tigo Harris are back again.  Unfortunately, somewhere between the end of The Chase and the beginning of The Survivor they have broken up.  Their break-up was due to Tigo not being a Christian and he never told Kariss he had been married before.

Kariss has been asked to tell the true story of Dr. Amy Garrett's horrific experience when she was a child.  But she wants the story told as fiction.  Amy had been assaulted and her throat was slit and she was left to die.  The killer is still out there....watching and they start sending threats to Kariss.

Tigo and his partner, Ryan Steadman, are following up on a car bombing in which a wife and daughter of a prominent businessman are killed.  Was the bomb meant for the husband instead?  That's what Tigo and Ryan try to figure out.  Along the way it appears that their case is linked with the story Kariss is working on with Dr. Garrett. Tigo and Kariss find themselves embroiled in another heart stopping battle to get the bad guys before something happens to them first.

Ms. Mills is a master storyteller who creates such believable characters they could almost walk right off the written page.  Tigo and Kariss grab you at the start,never let you go and they stay with you long after you turn that final page.

If you like good Christian Suspense, The Survivor, is a book you need to read.  I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 BIG stars!!!!!

I would like to thank BookSneeze and Zondervan for my review copy of The Survivor.  I received my copy for free in order to read and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,






No comments:

Post a Comment