Monday, March 11, 2013

Wishing on Willows by Katie Ganshert - a review

I became a fan of Katie Ganshert after reading her debut novel, Wildflowers from Winter (read my review here).  So when I was given the opportunity to read her sophomore novel, Wishing on Willows,  I jumped at the chance. I wasn't disappointed.

Wishing on Willows is a sequel to Wildflowers from Winter but it can also be read as a stand-alone book.  It is a sweet novel of healing, second chances and renewed hope.

Robin Price is a widow and single parent of Caleb, an energetic 3-year-old. She owns and operates Willow Tree, a local cafe in the small Iowa town of Peaks.  Willow Tree was a dream she and her deceased husband, Micah had for their lives.  Unfortunately, Micah dies before Caleb is born and before the cafe comes to life.

Enter Ian McKay, a project manager for his father's firm, McKay Development and Construction.  It is there plan to buy out the owners of the property on the south side of Peaks in order to build condominiums.  A new factory is being erected in Peaks, and the Mayor and Town Council want to gain as much tax revenue as they can by having the condos built before the factory is completed so the new factory workers will choose to live in Peaks and not in a neighboring town.  The problem is, Willow Tree is on the land that Ian McKay chooses to buy.  Fireworks fill the air as these two wonderful characters interact with each other.

Ian and Robin have both suffered great loss and these losses are revealed slowly throughout the book.  Ms. Ganshert has a phenomenal way of creating believable characters that pull you in and won't let go.  I laughed with them and cried with them and I wanted to fight for them as well.

I could go on and tell you all the wonderful gems that were revealed in this book but that would be releasing a spoiler and I will never do that intentionally.

If you like to read good clean romantic fiction this is definitely a book you need to pick up.  I read it in one day, it is just that good.

On a 5-Star Scale = 5 BIG Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank WaterBrook Multnomah and Blogging for Books for my Advanced Reader Copy.  I received my copy for free in order to read and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment