Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Gaither Homecoming Bible - a review

I am a BIG fan of Bill and Gloria Gaither! When I learned that they were the general editors of a new Bible, The Gaither Homecoming Bible, I was ecstatic.  Imagine my delight when I was given the chance to review their Bible.

The Gaither Homecoming Bible is without a doubt the most beautiful Bible I have ever held in my hands.  From the first page to the last the colors and pictures "POP" off the page.  If you have ever watched any of the Gaither Homecoming shows on television you will know that a lot of people take part in a Homecoming show.  Well, those people also took part in producing this Bible.  In the first few pages you will find a small picture of each contributor along with a short bio.  I loved this part as it gave me a chance to 'get to know' some of my favorites. The area for family records is more extensive then in some of my other Bibles.

Throughout this New King James version, Gloria Gaither explains the inspiration for twenty-five Gaither songs. This is probably one of the features I love most. There are also stories pertaining to fifty popular hymns and gospel songs as well as devotionals written by the contributing Homecoming artists.  What I found interesting is the artists wrote their devotionals on their favorite Scripture passages. There are Scripture devotions written by Gloria Gaither, quotes from great people of faith reflecting on the importance of music in believer's lives, and five articles by Gloria Gaither on the significance of music throughout the Bible and in the lives of today's believers. Sprinkled throughout the Bible are also some original poems by Gloria Gaither.

As you turn each page of The Gaither Homecoming Bible, you will find beautiful colorful pictures of nature.     I was so totally blown away with the beauty on each page.  Not only the beauty of the Scriptures themselves but the photography.

The Gaither Homecoming Bible has already become a treasure to me.  It is not only inspirational as the inspired Word of God but as it states on the cover, it is "Inspiring Hope Through Scripture, Song and Story".  I would highly recommend this Bible to anyone.

On a 5-Star scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank the BookSneeze Program and Thomas Nelson Publishers for my free copy of The Gaither Homecoming Bible. I received my copy for free in order to give my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment