Saturday, August 7, 2010

Books by Sarah Sundin



I love books! I have a passion for the written word. I absolutely cringe when I see someone mistreat a book. My family knows that if they look at or read one of my books they MUST handle it with care. I know some of you might think that's a little strange, but I treat my books as the precious child of each author. I take care of them.

Once in awhile I come across a book that pulls me in and won't let me go. I think about it long after I've read the last sentence. "A Distant Melody", by Sarah Sundin is a book like that. I fell in love with the book from the moment i read the first page & found myself in Riverside, California...my hometown.
Ms. Sundin's characters come alive on the page. Her settings are well researched...she had me walking the streets of my old hometown as if I were right there. Her knowledge of a B-17 showed that she believes in doing thorough research.
Her newest book, "A Memory Between Us", is due to come out next month and I can hardly wait to purchase a copy.
If you haven't picked up a copy of "A Distant Melody" run to your local book store and pick up a copy today. You won't be sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Cindy - thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm glad I did my research on Riverside right :)

    ReplyDelete