Sunday, November 18, 2018

Hidden Peril by Irene Hannon

Irene Hannon's newest book, Hidden Peril, is the second book in her "Men of Valor" series and oh, what a wonderful sequel it is. The first book in the series is Dangerous Illusions. While Hidden Peril is a sequel, it can definitely be read as a standalone book.

 Back Cover copy:

As teenagers, Kristin Dane and her two best friends took a vow to make the world a better place. Twenty years later, she's fulfilling that pledge through her fair trade shop that features products from around the world. All is well until one by one, people connected to the shop begin dying.

Detective Luke Carter, new to the St. Louis PD, wants to know why. Before he can answer that question, however, the FBI weighs in and Kristin suddenly finds herself in the middle of international intrigue--and in the sights of the ruthless mastermind behind an ingenious and deadly, scheme. Can this cold-blooded killer be stopped before more people die...including Kristin?

My Thoughts:

I thoroughly enjoy any book with Irene Hannon's name on it. It doesn't matter whether it's a sweet love story or a romantic suspense novel she does extremely well in both genres. However, I have to admit I enjoy romantic suspense novels more.

Anyone reading my reviews will know that I am a huge fan of characterization and Irene Hannon is truly gifted in this area. I thoroughly enjoyed the "meet cute" (when two characters destined to become a romantic couple, meet for the first time) for Kristen Dane and Detective Luke Carter. Some might think that meeting at a wedding reception is cliche, however, I absolutely loved it. Both characters are strong and well fleshed out. I guarantee you will fall in love with both of them.

Hidden Peril is a fast-paced, edge-of-your-seat, page-turner that will keep you reading long into the night. I highly suggest this book to anyone who loves romantic suspense.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Net Galley and Revell Publishing for my e-copy of Hidden Peril.  I received my copy for free but I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR. Part 255.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment