Saturday, April 14, 2018

Pelican Point by Irene Hannon


Being a fan of Irene Hannon's work led me to want to read the fourth book in her "Hope Harbor" series. I must admit, I read the first book in the series and loved it but I have yet to read book two and three in the series. I plan to rectify that very soon.

This story belongs to Dr. Ben Garrison. An Army doctor who has returned to Hope Harbor to bury his beloved grandfather Skip. Little did he know coming back to Hope Harbor would be the start of a new page in his life. He has just mustered out of the Army and upon arriving in Hope Harbor he finds he inherited the town's lighthouse that pretty much no one in the town wanted except for his grandfather. Ben's hope is to sell the lighthouse, but will he be successful?

The female lead in this story is newspaper owner, Marci Weber. She has lived in Hope Harbor for two years and she knew Ben's grandfather quite well. When she and Ben first meet it was not under the best of circumstances and they clashed, especially since Marci called the police on Ben claiming he was trespassing. They also have different opinions about what to do with the lighthouse which in time brings them closer together.

This book moves at a rather fast pace and I was totally drawn into the humor and the love for Skip, the lighthouse, and the town.

Pelican Point is filled with wonderful characters who will steal your heart as you go on this wonderful journey with them. Also, Charley, who owns the local Fish Taco stand is once again in this book. He was in the first book as well and I would love to have one of his tacos. But of course they only exist within the pages of Hope Harbor novels.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good clean romance.

On a 5 Star scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing, for my copy of Pelican Point. I received my complimentary copy to read with no expectation of giving a positive or negative review.

Smiles & Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment