Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Promise of Breeze Hill by Pam Hillman

The Promise of Breeze Hill is Pam Hillman's first book in her "Natchez Trace" series. Based on this book, I would say her series will be a 'winner' for all who enjoy historical fiction

I fell in love with the characters in this book, the good and the bad. Ms. Hillman breathed life into a cast of characters from plantation owners and indentured servants, to piratous cut-throats and just plain mean folk. She did it well as I rooted for them, yelled at them and wanted to wring some of their necks.

The leading characters are Isabella, plantation owner, and Connor, indentured servant. Sparks fly between these two whenever they appear in a scene together. Connor, oh, my, my, my, what a swoon worthy character. He is definitely one of my favorite hero characters of all time. Right up there with Rhett Butler.

There are several topics that Ms. Hillman tackled within the covers of this book. Pride, commitment, jealousy and greed, just to name a few. Her characters tackled these issues and persevered, offering hope to all.

This was an extremely well-written historical novel with a Christian thread woven throughout. I would highly recommend this wonderful novel.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank the author for my copy of The Promise of Breeze Hill. I received it for free in order to read it and give my honest review.


Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment