Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Christmas Blessing by Melody Carlson

I love Christmas and all that goes with it. One thing I just can't pass up is a Christmas book with Melody Carlson's name on the cover. Ms. Carlson's book this year is The Christmas Blessing and a blessing it was.

The Christmas Blessing is set on the homefront during World War II. It is the story of a young mother, Amelia Richards, and how she journies from San Diego, California to Rockford, Montana in order to introduce her son to his paternal grandparents. I loved the character of Amelia and how the reader was given a chance to know her selfless heart. I wish we could have seen more into the lives of the other characters but since it is a novella there just wasn't enough time to do so. I truly wish Ms. Carlson would lengthen this novella into a full-length novel so we could get to know the characters better.

I can say I cried and smiled throughout the story because the author pulled me in at the start and held me to the end.

I would highly recommend The Christmas Blessing to anyone who enjoys a quick holiday read. I'm sure you'll love it.

On a 5-Star scale = 4 Stars!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my copy of The Christmas Blessing. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment