Sunday, May 21, 2017

Peace in the Valley by Ruth Logan Herne

I truly love reading book series, especially when the author is someone I truly admire. Ruth Logan Herne has just released Peace in the Valley, the third book in her "Double S Ranch" series and let me tell you, it was the 'icing on the cake' to this series. The first two books in the series, Back in the Saddle (read my review here) and Home on the Range (read my review here) were excellent, but Peace in the Valley, well let's just say, it was definitely worth the wait.

About the Book:

ADDING THE NEXT VERSE TO AN UNFORGETTABLE LOVE SONG

In spite of their differences, Trey Walker Stafford knows he owes his life to cowboy and legendary rancher  Sam Stafford--the uncle who rescued him after his parents' death. Trey left the Double S Ranch to purse music against Sam's wishes, but returns to central Washington when he learns he's the best match for a procedure that could same Sam's life. Although Trey's found country music fame and success, he's also endured the tragic loss of his wife. He croons about love, but struggles with a yawning emptiness he can't explain.
     Overwhelmed by a growing list of challenges and mistrustful of Stafford men, single mother Lucy Carlton reluctantly accepts Trey's help to revive her crumbling farm when Sam instructs him to repay the overdue debt to her family.
     As the two grow close, Trey slowly begins to open his heart to this beautiful woman and strives to let go of the grief he's held for years. Lucy has a complicated history of her own. Can Trey accept her as she is, learn to forgive the past, and find the elusive peace he's sought for so long?

My Review:

To be perfectly honest, I hated to see this series end. The three Stafford boys were as cowboy as cowboy can be. They were kind and gentle and all of them are 'swoon worthy'. But Trey stole my heart in the second book and never let it go. This is a character that you would want to introduce to your daughter, or sister, or niece or your best friend. He's genuine, authentic and yes, 'swoon worthy.'

Lucy Carlton has had a lot of tough breaks and has an issue with trust and well so does Trey. Together, through God's grace, they learn to trust God, each other and other people as well.

There is a young girl named Ashley that I would love to see get her own story. She is actually Lucy's sister-in-law. I would love to see her three "uncles" take her under their wing and anytime a young gentleman came courtin'... Well, like I said earlier, I hate to see this series end and would love to see maybe one more book...Ashley's story. 

If you enjoy a good clean read with a little bit of cowboy and country music mixed in, you will love this book. I guarantee it. While it can be read as a stand-alone, it is best you read all three books in order.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 HUGE Stars!!!

I would like to thank the author, Ruth Logan Herne for my copy of Peace in the Valley. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment