Sunday, April 16, 2017

Her Baby's Protector by Margaret Daley & Susan Sleeman

I am a huge fan of the Love Inspired Suspense line of books. Two very good reasons are because of the two authors who share the book Her Baby's Protector,  Margaret Daley and Susan Sleeman. They both pen excellent suspense novels so to have a book with novellas written by them both was shear delight!

"Saved by the Lawman" was Margaret Daley's story and what a story it was. Judge Kate Forster is the heroine of the story with police officer Chase Walker as her hero. The judge finds herself being assaulted and her infant son is almost abducted when Chase happens upon the scene. 

This story is fast paced and draws the reader in within the first few pages and keeps the reader engaged until the very end. I found myself on the edge of my seat several times and I also have to admit, while I like the character of Kate Forster, I LOVED Chase Walker. He was definitely swoon-worthy. 

For this story, I give a big 5-Stars and would highly encourage you to pick up a copy if you enjoy a good suspense.

Ms. Sleeman's contribution is "Saved by the SEAL" and it too packed a lot of suspense within a short amount of time. From the opening scene to the very last page, I was held captive.

The heroine is Bree Hatfield and she has just been given custody of her best friends little girl. Bree doesn't believe her friends died naturally, in fact in her mind it was murder. She really believes this when she finds herself under attack. I had a hard time accepting that Bree would turn to her ex-boyfried, Navy SEAL, Clint Reed. Especially since they broke up because he was a SEAL. But in no time, I understood why Clint was the only person who really could help her.

For this story I gave it 4 1/2 stars and I would highly recommend it as well.

I would like to thank Margaret Daley for my copy of Her Baby's Protector. I received my copy for free so I could read it and give my honest review.



Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment