Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sins of the Past - by Dee Henderson, Dani Pettrey & Lynette Eason

What does Dee Henderson, Dani Pettrey and Lynette Eason have in common? Simply put, Sins of the Past. When I first saw this book that contains three novellas by three wonderful authors I had to snatch it up. 

From the Back Cover

Secrets and Lies. Danger That Will Never Go Away. Join Three Beloved Masters of Romantic Suspense for Novellas Where the Past Will Not Stay Buried.

Dee Henderson - "Missing"
A Wyoming sheriff is called to Chicago when his elderly mother goes missing from her retirement community. Paired with a savvy Chicago cop, the two soon launch into a race against the clock when they realize something dark may lie at the heart of the disappearance.

Dani Pettrey - "Shadowed"
Adventure, romance, and danger collide when a young Alaskan fisherman nets the body of a Russian open water swimming dcompetitor. Another swimmer, who'd been the dead woman's roommate years ago, is pulled into the search for answers as it grows more and more clear that something sinister is at play.

Lynette Eason - "Blackout"
A young woman once implicated in a robbery gone wrong finds herself at risk years later when the real culprit is up for parole. The loot taken that night has never been found and he believes she knows where it's hidden--only her memory of that night has always been unreliable. Can she remember enough to find her way to safety?

My Thoughts

I loved this book! Each novella was written by three different writers, yet their voices are so similar that I found myself almost believing one person wrote all three novellas. I mean that as a total compliment to these wonderful authors, Bethany House did an awesome job of combining three authors who write similarly. It made one story flow to the next (even though the stories are all unrelated).

The characterization of all three novellas was excellent. Usually, because novellas are shorter in length, the reader doesn't really get to know the characters, but in all three novellas the characters seemed real and pulled me into their stories from the first page.

I would highly recommend Sins of the Past to anyone who enjoys a good clean Suspense novel and for all fans of Dee Henderson, Dani Pettrey and Lynette Eason,.

On a 5 Star scale - 4.5 Stars!

I would like to thank NetGalley and Bethany House Publishers for my e-copy of Sins of the Past. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment