Monday, May 5, 2014

The Study Bible for Women, a Holman Christian Standard Bible

The Study Bible for Women is a Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) and it would be the perfect gift for any woman. This Bible is beautiful from beginning to end. It has areas for the Wife's family tree and Husband's family tree, followed by The Ketubah, which is a unilateral marriage contract requested by the groom. It also has an area to record family milestones and an area to list the owner's Spiritual Mothers. It is filled with "Word Study" sections where words are explained in detail and there are sections sprinkle throughout where Doctrine is explained.

One thing I really loved about this Bible is an area explaining how to study the Bible. This in itself would make it a wonderful gift for a new female believer or anyone woman wanting to know how to study the Bible. There are also "Character Profiles" throughout the Bible as well. There is also a very unique thing that you will find sprinkled throughout and that is a section for "hard questions".  In the back of the Bible you will find a list of many questions that you or someone you know may have asked at one time or other. It will give you a page number where you can go and read the comments in answer to those questions.

The only negative thing about the Bible I received is that it isn't a Red Letter Edition. I grew up using a Red Letter Edition so I guess I am a little spoiled in that respect. I would however recommend this Bible to any woman wanting a beautiful edition of the Bible sprinkled with meaningful comments and profiles thoughout.

I would like to thank B & H Publishing for my copy of The Study Bible for Women. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,







No comments:

Post a Comment