Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson


Since I was a little girl, I have always loved a good fairy tale. Cinderella just happens to be one of my favorites, maybe because I was sometimes called Cinderella when I was younger. So when I had the opportunity to read, and review, The Captive Maiden I jumped at the chance!

Ms. Dickerson has a talent of taking an age-old fairy tale and putting her twist on it creating a masterful retelling.  The Captive Maiden is her retelling of Cinderella and once again she has created a masterpiece.

The two main characters, Gisela and Valten, were well crafted and endeared themselves to my heart.  I truly enjoyed watching their relationship develop over the course of the book. I found myself rooting for them both time and again as they faced each challenge. 

While The Captive Maiden is listed as a young adult novel, I guarantee you, adults will find this book a treat to read. With twists and turns you are held captive from page one until the turning of the last page.  I highly recommend this book to all those readers who love a good fairy tale retelling and a good clean Christian read.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 BIG Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Zondervan and the BookSneeze program for my copy of The Captive Maiden. I received my copy for free in order to read and give an honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment