Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rosemary Cottage by Colleen Coble - my review

Those of you who have been following my blog, you know that I am a HUGE fan of Colleen Coble. It because of Ms. Coble that I started reading again. When I was given the opportunity to read her newest book, Rosemary Cottage, I jumped at the chance.  Rosemary Cottage is the second book in Ms. Coble's Hope Beach series. The first book was Tidewater Inn and you can read my review here.

The one thing that I most appreciate about Colleen Coble's books is that her characters come to life on the written page.  I have yet to encounter any of her characters that seem one dimensional.  From the moment I began reading Rosemary Cottage I knew I would love the two main characters, Amy and Curtis.

The story begins with the death of Curtis Ireland's sister Gina. She left her brother Curtis Ireland custody of her baby girl Raine and along with his aunt they accepted the challenge of raising a one year old.  Curtis, who is a member of the Coast Guard, is told his sister was killed in a tragic boating accident that happened before his eyes, but does he believe it? Amy Lange is a mid-wife who has just learned that her brother Ben has died in a surfing accident either by drowning or a shark attacked him. She idolized her brother and returns to Hope Beach to grieve. Hope Beach is where they use to spend vacations together at their family home, Rosemary Cottage. Before she arrives in Hope Beach she receives a cryptic message leading her to believe Ben wasn't killed by accident and that foul play may have had a hand in it.

Will Curtis find out what really happened to his sister Gina? Will Amy learn the truth about her brother? Were their deaths somehow related? These are questions masterfully revealed throughout the pages of this wonderful novel. Just when you think you know the answer something else happens to make you rethink everything.  I love the way Ms. Coble takes you along as she unveils her stories to the reader.  It's masterful!

I would highly recommend Rosemary Cottage to anyone who enjoys a good, clean, romantic suspense that has been crafted by a master storyteller.

On a 5-Star scale - with out a doubt, 5 BIG STARS!!!!!

I would like to thank Litfuse Publishing and Thomas Nelson Publishers for my review copy of Rosemary Cottage.  I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,








No comments:

Post a Comment