Sunday, July 7, 2013

Jewel of the Pacific by Linda Lee Chaikin - my review

I love discovering new authors, especially when their voice is so refreshing.  Such was the case when I selected Jewel of the Pacific by Linda Lee Chaikin to read and review.  This book is the third and I believe the last book in The Dawn of Hawaii Series.  Unfortunately, I have yet to read the first two books in the series, The Spoils of Eden and Hawaiian Crossroads, but you don't need to read them first as Jewel of the Pacific can be read as a stand alone book.

This book is a historical thriller set in the beautiful islands of Hawaii.  From the opening page to the very last page, Ms. Chaikin pulls you in and holds you spellbound with her well crafted story and well developed characters. I enjoyed her usage of Hawaiian words and the dialect throughout the book. It was quite refreshing.

Jewel of the Pacific is the story of Rafe Easton and Eden Derrington during a period in Hawaii's history that ended in Hawaii becoming a United States territory.  The story is rich in history and the reader can learn a lot about these beautiful islands through Rafe and Eden's story. Broken hearts and healing, faith and forgiveness are all packed withing the pages of this beautiful love story.

I would highly recommend Jewel of the Pacific to anyone who loves historical fiction.

On a 5-Star scale = 4 Stars!!!!

I would like to thank Moody Publishers for my review copy of Jewel of the Pacific.  I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment