Saturday, August 18, 2012

Heart of Glass by Jill Marie Landis - a review

Heart of Glass by Jill Marie Landis is the third book in her Irish Angel Series.  I have read all three books in the series and have loved them all.  If you would like to read my review for the second book, Heart of Lies, please go here.

This is Kate Keene's story.  She is the one of four sisters that at an early age were separated from each other.  Kate ended up in an orphanage and was adopted by a couple who adopted her merely for status in the community.  Kate, at an early age, befriended Amelie Delaney and was more or less part of the Delaney family.  Then the Civil War happened and life as she knew it changed.

The story is set in Louisiana and Chapter One begins in 1976 when Kate returns to the Delaney's plantation home Belle Fleuve.  She has heard that Colin Delaney, her best friend's brother and her childhood crush, has returned to Belle Fleuve, and he has gone crazy.  What she finds breaks her heart.  What was once a beautiful plantation home is now in disrepair and Colin is living on laudanum due to a wound he sustained in the Indian Wars in Texas. But Kate sees hope as she is an architect and in no time at all she feels she can restore Belle Fleuve, as well as, Colin.

So begins the story of Kate and Colin.  The story was well told and the characters were so well written that they came to life for me.  Ms. Landis does have a way of writing characters that are so real they invite you into their world and you become part of the story.

I will suggest that that you have a box of tissues handy.  I shed more tears in this book then I think I have ever shed in any other book.  When a book can make me emotional, it is a good book.

If I were to say anything negative about Heart of Glass, it's that Kate's sisters don't show up until the very end.  I felt cheated on their reunion.  I do hope though that there will be a fourth book to tell the youngest sister, Sarah's story.  Maybe then there will be a wonderful full reunion for all four sisters.

If you like to read good Christian love stories I would highly recommend Heart of Glass, as well as, Heart of Stone and Heart of Lies.

ON a 5-Star scale - 4 1/2 Stars!!!!!

***** I would like to thank Zondervan for my review copy of Heart of Glass.  I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done. *****


Smiles & Blessings,






No comments:

Post a Comment