Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Ride of Her Life by Lorna Seilstad - a review

The Ride of Her Life by Lorna Seilstad is a fun, frolicking, feel-good story about widow and single mother Lilly Hart and roller coaster designer and builder, Nick Perrin.  The story begins with Lilly cooking at a diner in the Lake Manawa Park a month before the tourist season starts.  Her customers are the men who are building the new roller coaster in the park.

Lilly is trying hard to fight her feelings that are starting to grow for her son's new best friend, Nick.  She's been a widow for three years and she feels that any feelings she has for another man will mean she's cheating on her husband.  Her friends try to convince her otherwise.

Lilly's young son Levi becomes an interest of her dead husband's parents.  So much so that they plan on doing everything they can to take Levi to live with them.  It doesn't matter that he doesn't want to leave his mother or live with them.  The author treats this situation very well and ties it up quite nicely.

All in all, this was a fun book to read and I found Ms. Seilstad's characters quite charming and believable.  The Ride of Her Life is the third book in the Lake Manawa Summers series.  Unfortunately, I haven't read the first book in the series Making Waves or the second book, A Great Catch, but after reading The Ride of Her Life I have added them to my must read list.

If you would like a fun-filled, laugh-out-loud Christian love story then The Ride of Her Life is a book for you.

On a 5-star scale - 4 stars!

I would like to thank Donna Hausler of Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my review copy of The Ride of Her Life.  I received my review copy for free with the understanding that I would read it and give an honest review, which I have done.

*Available May 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group*


Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment