Sunday, March 18, 2012

Saving Hope by Margaret Daley - a review

Saving Hope is Margaret Daley's first book in her Men of the Texas Rangers series.  It is a story of hope, love and suspense that grips the reader from page one and doesn't let go until the very last page has been turned.  It's a story about human trafficking and Ms. Daley handles the topic extremely well.

Kate Winslow is the director for Beacon of Hope, a school for young girls who have been rescued out of prostitution.  When Rose, one of her girls, turns up missing, Texas Ranger Wyatt Sheridan shows up to work the case.  Together they work hard to not only locate Rose but they also hope to find the head of the human trafficking prostitution ring.  There are twists and turns and I must say the ending truly surprised me.

The characters of Saving Hope are crisp and real.  From Kate and the girls of Beacon of Hope to Wyatt, his daughter Maddie and mother Carrie I felt like I really knew them.  I'm sure they will stay with me for a long time, as all good characters do.

I am a big fan of Margaret Daley's books and I could hardly wait to read Saving Hope.  I was definitely not disappointed.  In fact, in my humble opinion, I believe Saving Hope is Ms. Daley's best novel yet.  I can hardly wait until later this year when the second book of the Men of the Texas Rangers series is released.  That title is Shattered Silence.


On a 5-Star scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

******* I'd like to thank the Publishers at Abingdon Press for my review copy.  I received my copy of Saving Hope for free in order to read and give my honest opinion, which I have done.  No other compensation was received. *******

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment