Sunday, January 15, 2012

Love Lifted Me by Sara Evans & Rachel Hauck - a review

As a fan of Sara Evans music, I just had to read one of her books.  When the opportunity arose to read and review Love Lifted Me I jumped at the chance.  Since I had never read any of Sara and Rachel Hauck's other books I had no concept of what their books would be like.  I picked up the book and by the second chapter I had to look back at the cover to make sure I hadn't picked up a Karen Kingsbury book as Sara's & Rachel's 'voice' sounded so much like Ms. Kingsbury's voice to me.  I must say that now that I have read Love Lifted Me, I will be picking up copies of this writing duo's previous two books.

The characters and settings of Love Lifted Me captured me from the onset. Max, Jade and Asa became real to me as I turned each page of the book.  Their pain was my pain and their joy my joy.  The authors breathed life into them and made them real enough to walk off the pages.

The story is about infidelity, forgiveness, and finding trust again all against the backdrop of high school football in Coby, Texas.  Unfortunately, as Jade is finally learning to trust Max again, Someone at the school is trying to set him up to lose his job.  The authors have created just enough tension in the book to keep you turning the pages to find out what happens next.

The authors allowed us to see the spiritual growth of the characters and how it helped them grow as individual's.  Max clung to his faith that helped pulled him out of his addiction to pain killers and Jade clung to her faith that helped her learn to forgive.  All in all, this book was a journey from infidelity to trust and the authors presented it very well.

On a 5-star scale = 4 1/2 stars

I would like to thank Thomas Nelson Publisher's and their BookSneeze program for supplying me with my review copy of Love Lifted Me.  I received my copy for free in order to read and give an honest review which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment