Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas to One and All!!

I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!  This is my favorite time of year because I love to give without expecting anything in return. Below is an article I wrote for my church website about keeping the feeling of Christmas all year long.  I hope you enjoy it.


Keeping the Spirit of Christmas Throughout the New Year


As I sit writing this, Christmas is just two days away and the expectation of spending time with my family, my church family and my friends is bubbling up inside me.  You know the feeling I’m talking about.  It’s that “Christmas feeling”.  A feeling you get during the Christmas season.  It’s a feeling of joy, love, caring, sharing and most importantly giving.

Have you noticed that during this time of year everyone you seem to encounter seems just a little bit nicer than usual?  People tend to smile more and have a bounce in their step.  It’s always so exciting to me to see the way the world transforms during the Christmas season.  My question is why can’t we all be this way all year long?

Today I saw a wonderful sight.  It actually made me feel like a child again.  My husband, my mom and I were walking through a local stores parking lot when I heard the words, “On dasher, on dancer….”, it was coming from a speaker on a fire truck.  The firemen were driving through the parking lot throwing out brown packages to all the kids walking to or from the store.  The children were so excited.  I saw this precious little blond girl, about four years old, walking to her car with her daddy.  When they tossed the package out she scampered over to pick it up and when she turned back around the expression on her face was simply priceless.  What I saw in her face was the spirit of Christmas…a spirit of giving and receiving.

As a Christian we know that the greatest gift of all was our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, so that who soever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”  John 3:16   God sent his precious Son to earth to die for us so that we can live eternally with Him.  What a gift He gave and is still giving every single day of our lives.  All you have to do is repent of your sins and ask Jesus to come into your heart.  Receive God’s gift.  Then you need to share God’s gift with everyone you know, and don’t know.  Share His love, His joy, and His gift.  Share the Spirit of Christmas everyday of your life.

Please, always remember that the real reason we should celebrate Christmas is because of the birth of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Spirit of Christmas, He’s the reason for the season.

* * * * * * * * * * 

I would also like to share with you the following link to my favorite rendition of O HOLY NIGHT sung by the powerful tenor David Phelps. It is preceded by a brief message of giving.


Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment