Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Cold LIght of Day by Elizabeth Goddard

As a big fan of Elizabeth Goddard, I have been anxiously awaiting the release of her newest novel, Cold Light of Day which is the first book in her new series "Missing in Alaska". I must say that I wasn't disappointed.

The leading characters are Police Chief Autumn Long and Grier Brenner, a newcomer to town. I was intrigued by both of these characters from the start. They were both very well crafted, they pulled me in and didn't let me go until the very last page.

The story is set in Shadow Gap, a little town in Alaska. It is said people come to this town to disappear, as is the case for Grier. But while he would like to fade into the terrain he can't help but get involved when nefarious things start happening. He soon has the Police Chief asking for his help.

I really enjoyed Ms. Goddard's character and how she brought them to life. They carried me away from the first page and I found myself on a roller coaster that carried me deep into the night. I would have stayed up until I finished it, but I knew I needed to get at least a few hours of sleep. So I read it in two days and can hardly wait for Book 2 in the series.

If you enjoy romantic suspense novels that are fast-paced and keep you guessing I would highly recommend that you pick up a copy of Cold Light of Day.

On a Five Star scale - 5 Stars!

I would like to thank Revell Books, for my copy of Cold Light of Day. I received my copy for free with no expectation of a positive or negative review.  The opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR. Part 255.

Smiles & Blessings,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment