Monday, November 15, 2021

Trace of Doubt by DiAnn Mills













As a huge fan of DiAnn Mills, I was so excited to hold her newest novel, Trace of Doubt, in my hands as I knew it would be an exceptional read.

From the opening page, I was drawn in and captivated by the suspense, faith, and love throughout the book until the final sentence. It was definitely a book that once you start reading it you will find it very hard to put down.

The heroine of the story is Shelby Pearce, a recently released ex-con who served 15 years for a crime she confessed to committing but she actually didn't commit. She has been offered a place to stay and a job in Valleysburg, a town in Texas. The hero is Denton McClure, an FBI Special Agent who is working undercover. His job is to try to locate the $500,000.00 that went missing after Shelby supposedly murdered her brother-in-law. He believes Shelby knows where the money is.

I always love the characters that Ms. Mills creates as they always become so real to me. She didn't disappoint me with Shelby and Denton. They are both strong characters with a purpose. I also really like the character of Edie, Shelby's landlord as she stood her ground against her brother, a local deputy who didn't want Shelby in town. Edie believed in Shelby and gave her the benefit of the doubt.

In a nutshell, Shelby Pearce has just been released from prison after serving 15 years for killing her brother-in-law. While she didn't kill him she stands firm on her confession obviously covering for the person she believes did the crime. At the time of the murder $500,000.00 dollars went missing leaving Shelby the number one suspect. This crime she adamantly claims she did not do.

Shelby's family disowned her so when she is released she is offered a cabin to live in and a job at a local bakery so she will be compliant with her probation officer. Denton, working undercover, is living in the cabin next to Shelby's so he can keep surveillance on Shelby.

This story has a fast pace taking the reader on an edge-of-your-seat roller-coaster ride into a world of nail-biting suspense and sweet romance. I also loved the Christian thread throughout the book.

I loved this book and would highly suggest it to anyone who loves a clean fast-paced suspense novel.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 Stars!!!

I would like to thank the author, DiAnn Mills, for my copy of Trace of Doubt. I received my copy for free with no expectation of a positive or negative review.  The opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR. Part 255.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment