Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Labyrinth of Lies by Irene Hannon


Whether it is a romance novel or a romantic suspense novel, if Irene Hannon's name is on the cover it is a must-read for me. Her newest novel, Labyrinth of Lies is the second book in her Triple Threat series. The first novel in the series was Point of Danger. While these books are part of a series, they can be read as a stand-alone. 

Irene Hannon writes suspense novels that are not only intensely suspenseful but also capture the reader's attention from the first word to the very last. In Labyrinth of Lies I was drawn in and enjoyed a magnificent journey through all the twists and turns that presented themselves. Masterful!

The story is about St. Louis County Detective, Cate Reilly, and her former love interest, DEA Special Agent, Zeke Sloan. Cate has been assigned an undercover job as a student (she can easily pass as a 17-year-old) at an upscale boarding school, while Zeke is assigned a position as a Spanish teacher. While both are there for different reasons, Cate's case involves a missing student and her boyfriend while Zeke is trying to find out if the school is a major drop site for drugs. They soon find out their cases may be linked.

While I love both Cate and Zeke, my heart really went out to Cate's school roommate, Kayla. She lacked self-confidence and seemed quite introverted. However, the more Cate talked with Kayla and showed she truly cared about her the more Kayla grew and began to trust Cate. 

This story covers themes of learning to forgive, learning to trust, opening oneself up to others, and that there is always hope.

This story had me sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next. The ending for me caught me totally by surprise. I love it when an author can keep you guessing until the very end and when you get there you realize all your thoughts were wrong.

I would highly recommend Labyrinth of Lies to anyone who enjoys a good romantic suspense novel.

On a 5 Star Scale - 5 Stars!

I would like to thank Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my copy of Labyrinth of Lies. I received my copy for free with no expectation for a positive or negative review.  The opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR. Part 255.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment