Saturday, February 22, 2020

A Hopeful Heart by Ruth Logan Herne


Every time I pick up a book with Ruth Logan Herne's name on it, I know it is a book I will fall in love with and never want to put down. Her newest Love Inspired book, A Hopeful Harvest, did not disappoint. This book was released in January but you can still buy it online and I would highly recommend it.

The story is about two people living with deep wounds from the past. Wounds, that at first, appear as if healing them would be insurmountable. However, Ms. Herne has a talent for taking the insurmountable and making it happen. I felt so many different forms of emotion while reading this book. I cried, I laughed, and I cried some more. When a book can draw out those kinds of emotions from me I know it is an excellent book.

While Libby and Jax are the main characters and I loved them both, I fell in love with little Cee Cee and Libby's grandpa, Cleve. Their storylines touched my life on such deep levels.
Cleve is battling Alzheimer's Disease while Cee Cee is just being a cute little girl trying to help her single mom, Libby in their apple orchard. Jax, well, he is battling PTSD. Add all these things together and you have one wonderful heartfelt book.

One thing that really touched me personally occurred on page 165 when little Cee Cee is talking about she helped two classmates, Henry and Dottie. My husband's first name is Henry and my precious mother's name was Dottie. I couldn't help but smile.

I know I have mentioned this already, but I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good 'feel-good' book.

On a 5-star scale - 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank the author for my copy of  A Hopeful Harvest. I received my copy for free with no expectation for a positive or negative review. The opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR. Part 255.

Smiles & Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment