Wednesday, February 28, 2018

High Treason by DiAnn Mills


WHEN SAUDI RINCE OMAR BIN TALAL visits Houston to seek cancer treatment for his mother, an attempt on his life puts all agencies on high alert. FBI Special Agent Kord Davidson is the lead on the prince's protective detail because of their long-standing friendship, but he's surprised--and none too happy--when the CIA brings one of their operatives, Monica Alden, in on the task force after the assassination attempt.
     Kord and Monica must quickly put aside interagency squabbles when they learn of the prince's additional motives for his visit. If his business plans are successful, they could lead to stronger ties with the US and encourage westernization in his own country. Such plans could easily incite a number of suspects both in the US and countries hostile to Saudi Arabia. Worse yet, the would-be assassin always seems to be one step ahead of them, implicating someone close to the prince--or the investigation. But who would be willing to commit high treason, and can Kord and Monica stop them in time?

MY THOUGHTS:

In one word... WOW! While I have truly loved every book I have read by DiAnn Mills, her newest novel, High Treason, blew me away! It is the third book in her "FBI Task Force" series but it reads as a stand-alone.

This book is filled with twists, turns, and plenty of heart-stopping action that will keep the reader engaged from page one to the final page. At times I found myself holding my breath just waiting to see what happened next.

I am a big fan of good characterization and Ms. Mills never disappoints me. She has created a group of characters from different cultures and let them take control of the story in such a way that they pulled me into the story with them. I thoroughly enjoyed the interaction between all the characters but especially the banter between the heroine, CIA Operative Monica Alden and FBI Special Agent Kord Davidson. At times their bantering made me laugh out loud and other times I wanted to know some sense into one or the other.

There is a religious theme that runs throughout. Kord confesses to Monica that he has read the Bible twice and the Koran twice but he is still searching. I really liked the way Ms. Mills wove this aspect into the story and I enjoyed watching the journey that Kord took to come to the decision he finally made.

I could go into a little detail about the plotline but that would totally be a spoiler which I do not like to do. Let's just say it is jam-packed full of adventure, intrigue, friendships, and romance. I can guarantee you that everyone who reads this book will find something special in it. I highly recommend this book.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 HUGE Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank the author for my copy of High Treason. I received my complimentary copy with no expectations of a positive review.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment