Saturday, October 14, 2017

Bringing Maggie Home by Kim Vogel Sawyer


Each time I pick up a novel written by Kim Vogel Sawyer, I become more and more a fan. Her newest novel, Bringing Maggie Home, spanned two time periods and it pulled me in from the first page and didn't let me go until the end. 

This is a three-generational story in which the characters are complex and realistic which is just the way I like my characters in any book. The characters seemed to want to invite me into their story and I gladly became one with this book. The tragedy and the sadness gave way to the hope and redemption for these characters. 

There were plenty of Bible verses sprinkled throughout which fully added to the feelings the characters evoked in this reader. 

I loved the theme of the unsolved cold-case mystery and how it unfolded. Ms. Sawyer did an excellent job of keeping the reader engaged in the solving of this mystery.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys books that will pull on your heartstrings and cause you to think.

On a 5-Star scale = 4 Stars!

I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity for my copy of Bringing Maggie Home. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment