Friday, November 2, 2012

Soul's Gate by James L. Rubart - a review

I am a big fan of James L. Rubart's work. His new novel, Soul's Gate, is the first book in his "Well Spring" series.  It is a book about fighting enemy warfare in the supernatural.

The story is about four normal everyday Christians who are brought together to learn to fight for other people's souls.  The lead character, Reece Roth, is a trainer of spiritual warriors. Because of things that happened in his past, he hasn't rained anyone for many years.  But a prophecy spoken over him many years ago brings him out of "retirement" in order to train a new group of faith filled warriors.

The warriors are trained to enter a person's soul (with their permission of course) in order to war against the demons the person is battling. This is so they can bring healing and renewal to the person's soul. The warriors enter into prayer and work with the Holy Spirit in order to battle the enemy.

Through their faith, the warriors deal with issues of their own. Through their training they are able to bring healing to each other and open themselves up to help others.

I believe one of the main focuses of this book is to show us, the reader, that we need to help other's heal through prayer.  We need to pray strong prayers, not just, "please bless John or Mary" but really pray.  We need to open ourselves up to be receptive to the Holy Spirit and let Him know our hearts for the hurting of others.  This book has definitely changed my perspective on praying.

This is not a book for the faint in heart.  But it is a book that can make you think.  I would highly recommend this book to adult readers.

On a Five-Star Scale - 4 stars.

I would like to thank Litfuse Publising and Thomas Nelson Publishers for my review copy of Soul's Gate.  I received my copy for free in order to read and give my honest review, which I have done.


Smiles & Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment