Saturday, February 25, 2012

Blue Moon Promise by Colleen Coble - a review

I am a huge fan of Colleen Coble's work.  She writes amazing stories with such believable characters that they seem to walk right off the page into your life.  In fact I usually find myself thinking about the character's long after I have turned the last page.  When I was given the opportunity to review her newest book, Blue Moon Promise, I jumped at the chance.

The story begins in Wabash, Indiana in the year 1877.  Lucy Marsh's father has died in a suspicious accident and she is left with the task of raising her younger brother Jed and younger sister Eileen.  With their resources running out, she finds herself accepting a wedding proposal from an old friend of her father's, Henry Stanton.  But the proposal is not for her to marry Henry but to marry Nate his son in a proxy ceremony.  Lucy and her siblings travel with Henry to their new home in Larson, Texas to find that Lucy's husband is not to happy being married off to someone he doesn't know and without his knowledge.

Before Lucy and her siblings leave Wabash, someone has broken into their home asking "where is it?", this helped Lucy make the decision to accept the proposal.  Unfortunately, whoever was after them in Wabash followed them to Larson, Texas.

Lucy is a strong willed woman who wants to show her new husband that she can be an asset to him and pull her own weight around the ranch.  When she meets Margaret, an old friend of Nate's, Lucy becomes more determined then ever to be a strong rancher's wife.  Nate on the other hand would like her to just tend to womanly things.  This tends to have them butt heads a few times.

Colleen Coble has penned this book with a strong Christian thread woven throughout.  Blue Moon Promise is a sweet story of hope, love and suspense.  I guarantee you an enjoyable read.

On a 5-Star scale Blue Moon Promise is definitely a 5-Star read!

*****  I would like to thank Thomas Nelson Publishers and BookSneeze for my review copy of Blue Moon Promise.  I received my copy for free as part of the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program in order to read and give my honest review, which I have done.  I received no other compensation.  *****


Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment