Friday, September 2, 2011

My Day Trip to Shipshewana, Indiana

Cars share the road with buggies at Shipshewana's busiest intersection.Happy Labor Day weekend!  My husband and I took my Mom to Shipshewana, Indiana for the day.  It's a lovely Amish town and I must say, I saw more Amish horse & buggies today then I've seen in the ten years I have lived in Indiana.  I loved seeing them all.  The town is quite beautiful but I must say, if you visit, you should plan on spending lots of money! :)  They have a HUGE flea market there midweek during the summers.  Too bad it wasn't open today.

We ate lunch at the Blue Gate Restaurant and it was quite tasty.  Afterwards, we went downstairs and we purchased two pictures for my walls in my office at work.  They are AWESOME!!!  Afterwards my husband bought me a beautiful Topaz (my birthstone) ring.  He got an awesome deal, it was 50% off.  I was truly blessed on this trip. :)

Have any of you ever visited Shipshewana, Indiana?  If so, what was your favorite place to visit?

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment