Friday, August 16, 2024

Witness Escape by Sami A. Abrams

I love Sami A. Abrams work and her newest book, Witness Escape is the fifth and final book in her "Deputies of Anderson/ County" series. It releases on 08/20/24 and I can honestly say that is one is my absolute favorite books in the series.

The story revolves around Tabitha Wilson and Detective Doug Olsen. Tabitha is in Witness Protection, her cover is blown and she has lost touch with her DEA contact, Michael Lane. These two characters meet when Tabitha is working as a waitress using the name Beth. Doug feels something is off with her and one day while he is in the diner he notices her reaction when she spots someone come into the diner. The look was fear. This begins their story. 

I really loved the characters of Tabitha/Beth and Doug. Ms. Abrams created very believable characters.

I love the description in the paragraph at the bottom of page 83. It reads, "He felt a strong pull toward Beth and wanted to do everything in his power to help. He took a long, hard look at her. The woman was a walking contradiction. A scared little mouse on the outside. And who could blame her after what she confided in him? But if he peered into the depths of her green eyes, a tiger lived inside."  Then in the middle of page 196 it reads, "He loved her bashfulness. She'd come such a long way in a short time. On occasion, she'd flinch, or the ingrained submissiveness would rear its ugly head, but her confidence had flourished. His butterfly had spread her wings, and any day now, he'd see her soar". What imagery...I loved it.

Witness Escape is an action-packed suspense novel where the fear at times was palpable. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the journey through this wonderful book.

While this book is the 5th in the series, it reads well as a stand-alone. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good clean, action-packed, suspense that will keep you turning the pages as quickly as you can. 

On a 5 Star Scale - I give it 5 Stars.

I would like to thank the author, Sami A. Abrams, for my copy of Witness Escape. I received my copy for free with no expectation of a positive or negative review.  The opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR. Part 255.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment