Wednesday, August 3, 2022

 When I was in the 3rd grade, I checked out a book from the school bookmobile four times in a row (I read it four times too). Upon the fifth attempt to check it out, the librarian told me I couldn't check it out anymore as other children would like to read it. I read a lot in my youth and even more in my adult years, but this one single book has stuck in my mind for all these years. Now mind you, I haven't read it in 61 years but I started thinking about it and wondered why I loved the book so much (other than the fact it was about a dog). So, today, I received a package at my door. I was able to purchase a used copy for $4.75. When I held it in my hands I cried with pure joy. The book... JUNKET by Anne H. White is about an Airedale dog who lives in the country and teaches a family how to live in the country as well. I'm sure it is just as wonderful as my age 8 self remembers and once I read it again, it will have a place of honor on my Keeper Shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment