Sunday, August 5, 2018

Formula of Deception by Carrie Stuart Parks

Back Cover:

An artist hiding from an escaped killer uncovers one of World War II's most dangerous secrets--a secret that desperate men will do anything to keep hidden.

After the murder of her twin sister, Murphy Anderson changed her name and appearance and moved to Kodiak, Alaska, to avoid the press and publicity. But when local authorities discover she's an artist and request her help in drawing a dying man's memories, she unintentionally ends up in the limelight again-and back in the killer's crosshairs.

The deathbed confessions of an Alaskan hunter have Murphy drawing the five bodies he discovered on remote Ruuwaq Island ten years ago. But what investigators find has them mystified. Evidence suggests that the bodies were deliberately destroyed, and what they uncover in an abandoned Quonset hut from World War II only brings more questions.

As one by one the investigators who were at the hut die, Murphy knows there is something much darker at stake. What happened on this island during the war? And who is willing to kill to keep its secrets buried?

My Thoughts:

When I read my first suspense novel by Carrie Stuart Parks, I fell in love with her writing. I was truly excited when I received her newest novel, Formula of Deception. This is a stand-alone novel that knocked my socks off.

Since I am a big fan of characterization, I tend to scrutinize the characters a little more than the plot line. Miss Parks does a great job of creating strong believable characters in this novel. But the location is also a strong character as well.

One thing I really enjoyed about this book is the historical ties to World War II. The mystery began during that period of time and carried through to the present. It will definitely keep the reader on the edge of their seat.

The ending was truly a shocker for me. I love it when I think I know what is going on, only to be proved I am wrong. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good suspenseful mystery.

On a 5 star-scale - 4.5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Book Look Bloggers for my complimentary copy of Formula of Deception. I received my copy for free with no expectation of a positive review.

Smiles & Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment