Saturday, October 14, 2017

Deadly Proof by Rachel Dylan


STANDING FOR WHAT'S RIGHT COULD COST HER EVERYTHING

Tapped as lead counsel in a corporate cover-up lawsuit against Mason Pharmaceutical, Kate Sullivan knows this case could make her career. What really drives her, though, is getting justice for the victims whose lives were ruined by the company's dangerous new drug. But when a whistleblower turns up dead, it paints a target on the back of everyone involved.

Former Army Ranger turned private investigator Landon James steps in to handle security for Kate. He's still haunted by mistakes in his past and is determined never to let something like that happen again. But it soon appears someone is willing to do anything--even commit murder--to keep the case from going to trial.

As danger closes in, Landon can't help but admire Kate's courage and resolve--but will her determination not to back down become too great of a risk?

MY THOUGHTS:

Deadly Proof is the first book in Rachel Dylan's "Atlanta Justice" series and it is the first book I have read by this talented author. But I can honestly say it definitely will not be the last, I can hardly wait for the second book in the series. Ms. Dylan pulled me into this legal thriller and kept me flipping pages long after I should have stopped for the night because I not only wanted but needed, to know what was going to happen next.

I don't always choose legal thrillers basically because the legal terms can sometimes be confusing. However, Ms. Dylan explained things in such a way it makes the reader understand without having to look the terms up. It also gives the reader an insight into the legal system and how it works.

This was a story about Big Pharma and how one corporation was more concerned with the all mighty dollar instead of caring for the people using their products. Actually, I found it a little scary to think that this actually could happen in real life. 

Ms. Dylan did an excellent job of creating tension both with the suspense and the romance. She allowed the romance thread to develop slowly and it captivated me from start to finish. I didn't feel like the author was trying to rush the romance and neither the suspense or romance overshadowed each other.

I would highly recommend Deady Proof to anyone who enjoys a good thriller laced with romance.

On a 5-Star scale - 5 Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my copy of Deadly Proof. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review.

Smiles & Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review, Cindy. I've wondered about the legalese and whether or not it would be confusing. Glad to know us lay people could understand it :)

    ReplyDelete