Monday, May 30, 2016

94 Feet a video review

I usually don't review DVDs but I was given the opportunity to review a Christian video so a accepted the offer. I went into it blind as I wasn't told the name of the movie or what it was about. With that said, the movie I received was 94 Feet and it was a movie that if given the title and synopsis, I wouldn't have selected as it wasn't the type of movie I would usually watch.

94 Feet (link to the product page here) is the story of a small town in Indiana, St. Michaels, that is dying. About the only thing left is the mine and it isn't doing very well at all. In fact, at the start of the movie we find there are going to be major cutbacks at the mine causing more families to have to make decisions on whether to stay or move away from St. Michaels.

The story line to me was a little weak. The acting wasn't top rate. The only name I recognized was Larry Wilcox (from TV show CHiPs fame) but I did find a couple characters who acted well. The actor portraying the character of Marco should not have been cast. I'm sorry to say his deliverance of lines was quite poorly done.

In all honesty, I did not enjoy this movie. The idea could have been fleshed out a little more and given more depth. That with a little stronger acting, it might be a good movie.

On a 5-Star scale - 2.5 stars.

I received my copy of this DVD from FishFlix (go here to check out other Christian DVDs here) in order to watch it and give my honest review. I will say FishFlix has some great looking movies available on their website and if you join their e-mail list, you will receive a $5 coupon to FishFlix.com.

Smiles & Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment