Saturday, June 13, 2015

A Heart's Betrayal by Colleen Coble

For those of you who follow my blog, then you know I am currently reading books in Colleen Coble's six book series, "Journey of the Heart". These short books are a reprint of Ms. Cobles' first two novels, Where Leads the Heart and Plains of Promise. If I had to guess, A Heart's Danger is the end of her book Where Leads the Heart as everything seemed to tie up nicely. The fourth book in this series, A Heart's Betrayal is actually the first part of her original book Plains of Promise.

A Heart's Betrayal, is the story of Emmie Croftner, the sister of Rand Campbell's nemesis, Ben Croftner. If you read the first three books of this series you will recognize the name. As this segment of the series opens, we meet Emmie Courtney who has just became a widow and has now learned that her husband of three months was a bigamist. When her husband's 'real wife' shows up requesting everything that belonged to her husband be turned over to her, Emmie finds herself homeless. 

This story begins on a sad note. Imagine finding out that the man you loved wasn't who you thought he was and the home you live in doesn't rightfully belong to you. What would you do? Emmie decides to go out west to Fort Laramie, Wyoming to find her friend Sarah Montgomery Campbell. The journey is rough but when she arrives she is happily embraced by Sarah who is expecting her first child with her husband Rand.

Emmie soon meets Isaac Liddle, a soldier at the Fort. He takes a liking to her but she is on guard after having gone through a relationship and marriage of lies. Will Emmie open her heart up to Isaac? Will she share the secret she has just learned with him or keep it to herself? The answers can be found in this short little book of 96 pages.

I love Colleen Coble's work and I'm really enjoying this series. The characters are believable and Ms. Coble paints a picture of life in the old west that the reader can visualizw. I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves to read a sweet historical set in the old west.

On a 5-Star scale = 5 Stars

I would like to thank Litfuse Publicity and Thomas Nelson for my copy of A Heart's Betrayal. I received my copy for free in order to read it and give my honest review, which I have done.

Smiles & Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment